Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sad news -- perhaps

I am currently contemplating putting my boat up for sale. It won't be before the end of next season, hopefully giving me the chance to do some more sailing in Sweden first, but as I cannot see any way (or means) to keep my boat here in York (it's too far from the sea, the marinas on the river are too expensive and there isn't really a point having a sailboat on a river this small), I might have to be content with the kayak for a while.

I haven't decided anything definite yet, but if there is anyone out there who would be interested in giving Discovery a new home, I'd be open for suggestions.


Bursledon Blogger said...

Have you thought about some sort of shared ownership scheme - having shared access to a boat in the Baltic sounds like an interesting idea.


jenku said...

Yes, actually I have thought about that. I've a few friends in Stockholm who might be interested, but they cannot yet sail and navigate well enough to want to take on the responsibility.
I agree, however, that having the boat remain there in some caring hands and be able to use it a few weeks during the summer would be perfect. Especially as the waters there are really great for cruising!